Home PSA Directory
Retired Associates Branch
The PSA's Retired Associates Branch had 2,223 financial members at 31 December 2011. It's a very active branch, and has affiliations to other retirees' organisations.
Advantages of membership include:
- Remain a member of the PSA via the Retired Officers Branch
- Receive Red Tape & and be kept abreast of union issues
- Membership of Provident Fund - $3,500 funeral benefit until age 70
- Access to Union Shopper and Union Shopper Motor Market
- Access to PSA lawyers with first consultation free
- The Retired Officers are affiliated with Combined Pensioners and Superannuants Association (CPSA) and Australian Council of Public Sector Retiree Organisations (ACPSRO)
- Fellowship of meetings followed by refreshments an speakers on a range of informative topics.
Executive of the Retired Associates Branch
Paul Turner, Chairperson
Marolga (Mara) Tudorin, Snr Vice Chairperson
Marolga (Mara) Tudorin, Secretary
Robert Ryan, Jnr Vice President
John Carmichael, Committe Member
John Costello, Committee Member
Anthony (Tony) De Luca, Committee Member
William (Bill Hall), Committee Member
Frank Scharfe, Committee Member
Therese Delanty, Committee Member
The PSA's Research Unit provides administrative support to the retired officers. Messages for the Secretary or Chairperson may be left with the Industrial Clerk, Susan Kong, at:
Tel 02 9220 0942,
Level 7, PSA House
160 Clarence Street, Sydney, or
GPO Box 3365 Sydney NSW 2001
Membership of the Retired Associates Branch
Membership with Provident Fund is $36.75 per year (for July 2012 - June 2013). To be in the Provident Fund members must join the retired Associates upon leaving Ordinary Membership. Membership of the Provident Fund ceases at age 70.
Membership without the Provident Fund is $31.00 for the year.
Application to join the Retired Associates Branch
The Executive usually meets monthly, on the third Friday of each month.
General meetings are bi-monthly and are held at PSA House, 160 Clarence St, Sydney.
The Retired Associates invites members, and others who may be interested in joining to attend.
Meetings commence at 10:30am and are a source of relevant information about retirement, superannuation, life-style, health and other issues. Meetings conclude with refreshments at lunchtime and a warm welcome is assured.
|Our Meeting Dates for 2011-12 are as follows
|Tuesday 23rd August
|Tuesday 25th October
|Tuesday 11th December Christmas Function
|Tuesday 28 February
|Tuesday 24th April
|Tuesday 26th June AGM
For further information please contact Paul Turner, Chairperson on 9614 5486