School Administrative Manager
In addition to the responsibilities of a school administrative officer, a school administrative manager in a school with more than one effective full time school administrative officer is responsible to the principal for the efficient management of financial and administrative functions of the school or centre and the supervision and training of school administrative officers and school support officers in the school or centre.
The additional range of duties includes:
- Duties related to the financial management of the school including participating in school financial decision making processes, provision of financial advice and management of end of year financial procedures by way of computerised/manual systems.
- Implementation and maintenance of school financial systems.
- Supervision of school administrative officers including:
- allocation of workloads and co-ordination of work in the areas of financial procedures, administration and support for teaching and learning activities;
- identification of training needs of school administrative officers and school support officers;
- monitoring of work output and quality;
- ensuring principles of EEO are applied to school administrative officers and school support officers in the school; and
- facilitating the implementation of performance management for school administrative officers and school support officers.
- Participation in the development and implementation of school management plans.
- Management of computerised/manual financial and administrative system.
- Office management including development and maintenance of administrative systems.
Training and Development
- Training of school administrative officers and school support officers (and other staff where required by the principal) in office, financial, administrative procedures and associated computer systems.
- Conducting, where required, appropriate induction programs for newly appointed school administrative officers and school support officers.
- Promotion of development opportunities for school administrative officers and school support officers.
Undertaking other related duties as determined by the principal of the supervisor.