School Support Officer
Classification: Grade 1
Responsible to: Administrative Manager
Brief Role Statement
Providing general support for school office and classroom activities
Statement of Duties
- Undertaking general reception, telephone, filing and mail duties.
- Providing routine clerical support using computer based systems, including accessing information and word processing.
- Assisting with the maintenance and management of stores, supplies and office/classroom equipment.
- Preparing and maintaining learning environments and materials (excluding the preparation of chemicals) including:
- Maintaining equipment, learning material and resources at a suitable standard; and
- Maintaining work areas in a clean and tidy state.
- Providing support to teachers, e.g. photocopying, assisting with preparation of lesson materials.
- Undertaking photocopying and print room duties.
- Caring and comforting sick of distressed students.
- Knowledge and understanding of ethical practices, EEO and OH&S policies and the Ethnic Affairs Priority Statement.
- Performing other related duties as required.